KEY REPLACEMENT LOCKSMITH SERVICES
Alamo Key and Lock delivers reliable and safe Key Replacement Locksmith services in Houston and Surrounding areas.
Since 1982, our expert expert Key Replacement Locksmiths have created new keys for customers in a timely and friendly manner. We promise you’ll have a human on the phone as soon as you call! No robotic automated services.
Houston Key Replacement Locksmith services — 100% guaranteed and finished in minutes!
Alamo Key & Lock is a family-owned and operated business in Houston, Texas. We have been helping homeowners and families replace their keys for over 35 years. Check out our reviews page to hear what other Houstonians have to say about.
Replacing a lost or stolen key can be a simple process. We have many mobile vans, fully stocked, that can come to you and replace your key for you.
Common reasons Houstonians ask us to replace their keys
- The key was lost or stolen
- The old key no longer works in the lock. Many times it’s not the lock that is damaged. Even metal keys wear down over time.
- Rather than getting the key replaced, customers want the key duplicated or copied. This is useful for guests if you have an Airbnb, family members, and if you have a specialty lock and key situation.
- You’re locked out of your home and want a key replaced that was lost or misplaced. In fact, the number of home lockouts is on the rise! In Chicago, for example — and yes we are a Texas-based locksmith company — over 100 home lockouts were reported in the morning. If you want lost your key and need one replaced, we can do that for you on the spot. In an emergency, we can come to your house in 15-30 minutes (45 minutes if there’s traffic) to handle your situation.
When customers hire Alamo Key and Lock, the best Houston Key Replacement Locksmith Services, then we come right to your door.
Watch out for shoddy key replacement work!
Some locksmiths will replace Houstonians keys and scam them on the side. Here are some of the most common ways that locksmiths try to fool an unsuspecting customer:
Replace the key with fewer cuts than the original. Since cutting a key can be difficult, some locksmiths will make just a few less cuts than are needed for the key to properly work. Even though the key looks right, it ultimately won’t work.
Using the wrong sized metal key. Some locksmiths wont get the right original metal key especially for specialized keys. The key might look right, but it won’t actually work.
Telling you that your lock is broken and you need to upgrade to a more expensive door lock. Although sometimes upgrading to a higher security door lock is a smart move, some locksmiths will say your door lock is broken beyond repair when it really isn’t. And they’ll do this just so they can replace the whole door lock, which can be expensive. Often times a broken door lock only needs to be adjusted or at the worst, re-keyed.
Call Alamo Key & Lock to get help with your key replacement service. We guarantee service you can trust.
Call (713) 688-3887 today.
Alamo Key & Lock can replace, copy, and duplicate keys.
- Fast, reliably service all around Houston
- Licensed and insurance locksmiths
- Fully stocked locksmith van for key replacements
We do not duplicate keys that say Do Not Duplicate on them. Copying one of these high security keys is a code violation.
If you do need one of these high security keys replaced, please provide proof of ownership of the building and lock that the key goes to.