Looking for Keys made near you? A mobile locksmith can make it at your front door!Alamo Key & Lock has been making keys for over 35 years. Mobile and emergency service for Houston, TX. Call (713) 688-3887 SCHEDULE SERVICE NOW
need keys made near you?
Alamo Key & Lock goes where you need us. We can make new keys, replace old ones, or extract a stuck key
Alamo Key & Lock understands that key services are essential for Houston homeowners. For over 35 years we’ve offered rekeying, key cutting, key replacement, and a variety of other services to solve our community’s home security concerns.
- Fully licensed and insured locksmith in the State of Texas. License #B17986
- Over 35 years in business in Houston and surrounding areas such as Cypress, Kay, Humble, and more.
- Fully-stocked locksmith trucks for rekeying, duplicating, and extracting keys. Precision equipment to produce long-lasting key sets. Key extraction methods to ensure your lock does not get damaged.
Pro Tip: Look for the branding and license number on your mobile locksmith’s vehicle. This is one indicator that the locksmith is for real. You can never be too careful these days!
- We work with all kinds of locks and keys, including doors, garage doors, filing cabinets, windows, safes and more.
- Friendly, reliable service and same day response guaranteed.
- We will always look for the most inexpensive option for you when doing key extractions and other kinds of key and lock replacement or installation.
Alamo Key & Lock operates in nearly every neighborhood and surrounding city of Houston, Texas. So if you need keys made near you in a hurry, call us! Our locksmiths can be at your door in 15 to 30 minutes (45 minutes at the latest during Houston rush hour times).
The cities list at the bottom of this page shows all the areas where we operate. Scroll to the bottom or click here to read through it.
rekeying and Key cutting
Alamo Key & Lock rekeys all types of cylinders. The three main kinds of tumbler cylinder locks we rekey are 5pin, 6pin, and 7pin. We also rekey IC locks.
If you don’t use a licensed professional locksmith, whoever recuts your key may use less cuts! Instead of getting a 6cut key, you only get 2 cuts for example. The less cuts a key has the easier it is for a thief to pick the lock that it goes into. Many fake locksmiths try to get their job done faster and simpler by skipping on key cuts. This tactic puts you in great risk, because then any key can open your lock!
High Security Keys
If you want our Houston locksmiths to recut a high security key, you must provide proof that it is your key. You can usually get proof with the merchant who sold you the key.
Remember our locksmights offer mobile service – so if you need keys made near you, they will be there.
Lost your house keys? If you cant find your house keys and believe they were stolen from you, don’t panic. Alamo Key & Lock will change the locks the same day and have new keys made near you. Our locksmiths can change the entire locks in your house same day. Our trucks are fully stocked with locks and tools to install new locks and have keys made near you, too.
In our experience, when a key is stolen, the entire chain is stolen with it. The thieves will usually come in the morning when the home owner has gone to work, not at night. Because they move quickly, we usually recommend all the locks of the house are changed out immediately.
Key Duplication Services
Alamo Key & Lock locksmiths have key making equipment on our stocked vans, so we will always come to you and have keys made near you. No matter where you are in Houston.
Common Residential Key Duplication
The most basic residential lock in Houston — and the United States for that matter — is the Kwik Set lock and the Schlaeg 5pin lock. If you don’t know what a pin is in a tumbler lock, this might be a good time to learn more about them!
We can duplicate both 5pin cut keys and 6pin cut keys. We always recommend to customers to use 6 cut keys. Why? Because a 6 cut lock is more difficult to bump / pick. In other words, it’s slightly more secure. Our owner once lived in an apartment where in one year, 16 apartments were broken into simply from picking the locks! In fact, here’s a video of an amateur picking a 5 pin lock in 5 minutes! Does this really make you feel safe?
Commercial Key Duplication
For commercial customers, their needs are usually either one of two keys: either for a Schlaeg Primus or IC (interchangeable core) lock. These commercial keys will say do not duplicate on them. We stand by that guideline! The only way for us to duplicate a key that says do not duplicate is if you can show proof that you are allowed to copy the key. For example, Medico has provided you with a registration slip that shows ownership and permission.
More Key Duplication Requests
We do get other kinds of requests to duplicate keys. These keys include padlocks, mailboxes, filing cabinets, lock boxes and more. If you have a specialty key, we likely can duplicate it as well and have new specialty keys made near you. Call us and we will order it for you!
Once the specialty key arrives, have a new key made near you with our mobile locksmith service.
common problems with keys?
Key services are varied but we’ve noticed they often come in similar scenarios. Here are a few that you may find yourself experiencing:
- You’ve recently bought a house and need to rekey all of the locks.
Important Tip: If you have recently bought a house, be sure that you do rekey all the important locks! Otherwise the previous tenants can still get in. In fact, anyone who had a copy of the key could get in and give that key to others. Contractors, brokers – anyone who could previously enter the house. We always recommend new homeowners rekey their locks right away. Yes, it’s good for our business. But it’s better for you – burglary repair can cost an arm and a leg. Have a new key made near you for fast and convenient service.
- You need an extra set of specialty, hard-to-find keys such as a skeleton or heart key.
- You’re key is stuck in a lock, padlock, or ignition. It’s jammed and you can’t get it out. This happens especially for exterior doors that face dust and rust, and that are used often. New keys made near you are extremely convenient because the operator can extract the old key and make you a new one.
- The key has actually broken in the lock. Even if you have a spare, it doesn’t do you any good because you can’t extract the key from the lock. Getting the key out by yourself can risk damaging the lock, and you need new keys made near you even if you are able to remove the old keys.
- You’ve lost a set of keys to a lock and need to have those keys replaced.
different kinds of keys
Here’s a full list of the kinds of keys that we can make or copy. Our locksmiths have equipment that can have keys made near you in minutes. We often keep many kinds keys in stock, so if you don’t see your key listed here – don’t worry! This list is just a sample of what we carry.
Ask us about your particular key situation and we can very likely help you.
- Standard House keys for cylinder locks. These are the kind that you see on most standard interior and exterior doors.
- Keys for mortice and Rim locks
- Furniture keys like cabinet locks, drawer and dresser locks, and more.
- Keys for doors, windows, and gates.
- Specialty high-security keys like patented or restricted keys
- Other specialty keys such as abloy keys, double and four-sided keys and various antique keys like heart or skeleton keys.
- Transponder keys – Check our automotive section for more info on vehicle keys.
Any of these different kinds of keys can be made, copied, extracted, changed, and replaced. Need keys made near you? Check out our service areas below to see all of the different locations where Alamo Key & Lock operates.
Alamo Key & Lock’s Residential Locksmith team makes certain that you feel safe in your own home. Friendly, licensed locksmiths can meet you anywhere you need us in minutes.